Greetings Members of California.
I am excited to begin this journey as your Council Director (CD). The next two years will be action-packed with anticipated growth and development throughout the state. As your CD, it is important that members are invited to be involved, presented with educational and networking opportunities as well as having an extended leadership ladder should they want to move up in this organization. The Public Relations and Membership Chairs have formed strong teams that will bring experience, knowledge, excitement and new ideas to California Council of IAIP. Please check the “YOUR TEAM” page on this website.
One of the first programs that we are inviting members to be involved in is the Ca Members Leadership Summit being held on July 28th. This is the first project your Council Cabinet will be working on as a team. It is for all members and if you are new to IAIP, I encourage you to attend. You can find more information in the Calendar section of this website. The Insurance Associates of Fresno (IAOF) is also working hard to prepare for the CA Council Meeting that will be held October 12th and 13th at the Hotel Piccadilly in FresYes. More information regarding this will be coming from IAOF shortly.
Communication is the key to a successful team and the organization, so as your Council Cabinet we plan on communicating with members as frequently as we can to keep you apprised of upcoming events and or programs. For Associations, kindly forward your current President, membership and program chair’s contact information to Dawn Manzano, CISR the Public Relations Chair@ email@example.com and Jenny Schaeffler, the Membership Chair @firstname.lastname@example.org. They will keep the Presidents and MAL’s of upcoming events. If you haven’t updated your personal profile on the IAIP website, please do as this is the way the Council Cabinet will be communicating with you.
If you have any ideas or would like to volunteer for a Chair or committee at the Council Meeting, please contact Laura Gutierrez, CIC, CPIW (NC Assistant) and Brooke Lesniak (SoCal Assistant) Helen Jang, CLP is still in the background assisting where and when I need it. You can also contact any member of the Council Cabinet.
Hold on, it’s going to be a bumpy ride but well worth the thrill!
Remember, together we are L.I.N.K.E.D. to the past, present, and future of IAIP.
Christine Chandler Tillett, PHR, CLP
Ca Council Director
It is the middle of October and there are just a couple of months left in 2018. Can you believe how fast this year has gone by? These first three months have been awesome, and I am thoroughly enjoying myself as your Council Director. The 32nd Ca Council Meeting went off without a hitch. The Insurance Associates of Fresno (IAOF) did a fantastic job. Thanks to Robin Sousa, CPCU, CIC, CRM, AFIS, AIS, AIC, AINS, CIIP, Alison Holmes, AINS, AIS, CISR, CPIW, DAE, CLP and Kim Cameron, CPIW, DAE, CLP the Host Association Co-Chairs and their team for putting this Meeting together. It takes everyone coming together to do their part to ensure a successful event. Below are some highlights from the event.
· The Education Day was informative as expected and had a great turn out. Thank you to all the instructors and especially our very own instructors, Tish Riley, CIIP, DAE, CLP and Sandy Joslin, AU, CIIP, DAE who taught CLP qualifiers.
· Friday evening was the Octoberfest event, and everyone put on their dirndls and lederhosen along with showing their flair in unique ways. Congrats to Carola Erb whose creativity gave her the “Show Your Flair” win. Her flair was in her dreads. 😊
· For the Saturday business session, the Council Cabinet came in greeting all members to “This Is Me” from The Greatest Showman”. There were three Confidence While Communicating contestants, Keri Herlong, CPCU, CIC, CRM, CISR, ACSR, AIM, CIIP, CLP, Brooke Lesniak and Mark McDonald. All the speakers did a great job and Mark was declared the winner. Hoping that all three compete again at Regional along with many other CWC contestants from California!
· The Silent Auction was a hit and $2, 000 dollars was raised for Ca Council. Whaaaattt. Thanks to Regina Lemanowicz and Kari Woods they did a great job. We passed mein Hut (my hat) for the Legacy Foundation and $440 dollars was raised by members in attendance. Thank you do all that participated in the Silent Auction and to those who donated to the Legacy Foundation. It comes full circle as members can benefit from both funds.
· There was no bylaw or standing rule changes or recommendations that came before the Delegates. Whaaaattt : o! Since there are only two associations in Northern California, we moved IAOF and Insurance Professionals of Monterey Bay to Northern and Insurance Professionals of Santa Barbara to Southern. Since no actual locations are declared in the bylaws, no vote was required.
· Saturday ended with the awards event and congratulations to Marcella Beasley, MA, CISR, CRIS, CIIP for winning Young/New Insurance Professional, Annette Ing-Firmeza, Member of the Year,
· Teresa McGilvray, ARM, AAI, AIS, CPIW, Mentor of the Year, Mitula Patel, CLP, Gayle Reskin Award and the Retention Awards went to San Diego Association of Insurance Professionals for the Southern, Santa Barbara Insurance Professionals for Central and San Francisco Insurance Professionals for Northern.
A BIG thank you to the Council Cabinet, Committee Chairman and volunteers as it took all of us working as a team to accomplish the business of the Council. Looking forward to seeing each of you at the Region VII in March in Sacramento, California.
Christine Chandler Tillett, PHR, CLP
Ca Council Director
Welcome to the California Council of IAIP’s website. I’m looking forward to an exciting time as the Northern California assistant to your new California Council Director, the fabulous Christine Chandler Tillett (even if she is a Broncos fan). We are all very excited for this year’s California Council meeting, which will be hosted by the Insurance Associates of Fresno on October 12, 2018. Christine and the host committee are planning a wonderful event, so we hope to see you all there. But first, don’t forget about the Leadership Summit being held at the DoubleTree Hilton in Santa Ana on July 28th. There will be amazing presenters giving us the “Back to Basics”, which I’m sure we can all use. I look forward to seeing all of you at the various events throughout the coming year.
Laura Gutierrez, CIC, CPIW - Northern California Assistant to the California Council Director
Welcome and I am glad you stopped by the California Councils website. I am very excited about serving as the Southern California Assistant to your new California Council Director. For the upcoming year we will be having exciting events where we will be continue to build a great foundation and focusing on growth for your future in IAIP and your professional career. See you at the Members Leadership Summit at the end of July in Orange County!
In the fellowship,
Brooke Lesniak - Southern California Assistant to the California Council Director
Important Dates Coming up.... For additional details and other events, check our calendar.
January 26, 2019 - Southern California Inter Coordinating Council Meeting - Orange County, CA
March 14-16, 2019 - Region VII Conference - Sacramento, CA