Greetings Members of California.
I am excited to begin this journey as your Council Director (CD). The next two years will be action-packed with anticipated growth and development throughout the state. As your CD, it is important that members are invited to be involved, presented with educational and networking opportunities as well as having an extended leadership ladder should they want to move up in this organization. The Public Relations and Membership Chairs have formed strong teams that will bring experience, knowledge, excitement and new ideas to California Council of IAIP. Please check the “YOUR TEAM” page on this website.
One of the first programs that we are inviting members to be involved in is the Ca Members Leadership Summit being held on July 28th. This is the first project your Council Cabinet will be working on as a team. It is for all members and if you are new to IAIP, I encourage you to attend. You can find more information in the Calendar section of this website. The Insurance Associates of Fresno (IAOF) is also working hard to prepare for the CA Council Meeting that will be held October 12th and 13th at the Hotel Piccadilly in FresYes. More information regarding this will be coming from IAOF shortly.
Communication is the key to a successful team and the organization, so as your Council Cabinet we plan on communicating with members as frequently as we can to keep you apprised of upcoming events and or programs. For Associations, kindly forward your current President, membership and program chair’s contact information to Dawn Manzano, CISR the Public Relations Chair@ firstname.lastname@example.org and Jenny Schaeffler, the Membership Chair @email@example.com. They will keep the Presidents and MAL’s of upcoming events. If you haven’t updated your personal profile on the IAIP website, please do as this is the way the Council Cabinet will be communicating with you.
If you have any ideas or would like to volunteer for a Chair or committee at the Council Meeting, please contact Laura Gutierrez, CIC, CPIW (NC Assistant) and Brooke Lesniak (SoCal Assistant) Helen Jang, CLP is still in the background assisting where and when I need it. You can also contact any member of the Council Cabinet.
Hold on, it’s going to be a bumpy ride but well worth the thrill!
Remember, together we are L.I.N.K.E.D. to the past, present, and future of IAIP.
Christine Chandler Tillett, PHR, CLP
Ca Council Director
Well, we are down to the final month for 2018. It is a great time to reflect on the development of your association and yourself. Has your association grown? How have you grown? As we move into 2019, it would be a good time to start to plan membership drives, educational course training and of course, giving back to the community. We have several things coming up over the next few months and wanted to give you reminders.
Things to Remember
· Look at the calendar and don’t forget to budget for upcoming events in 2019- i.e. Inter-Coordinating Council Meeting (ICC) (January 26th), Region VII Conference (March 14-16) International Convention (June 6-8), Leadership Summit (July () and Ca Council Meeting (October).
· Don’t forget to participate in the current community action events being pushed by your Public Relations team. Please check the website. We’ve updated with some new information.
· There will be a lot of holiday events being planned, please remember those less fortunate than us. If you can drop off a blanket, gently used coat, hat & scarf to the homeless shelters, please do. It will be a cold winter.
· The Insurance Professionals of Orange County (IPOC) is hosting the Inter-Coordinating Council (ICC) meeting on January 26th at the Doubletree in Santa Ana from 9am to 3pm. IPOC has some exciting things planned so you don’t want to miss out. Please check the Council website calendar for the flyer and more information.
· Have you saved the date for the Region VII Conference being hosted by Insurance Professionals of Sacramento (IPS) on March 14 – 16?
· Over the next couple of months, visits will be made by a member of the Council team. Don’t forget to let us know if you have an event or business meeting that you would like Council representation.
Wishing you and yours a very joyful holiday season and a prosperous New Year!
Christine Chandler Tillett, PHR, CLP
Ca Council Director
Together we are L.I.N.K.E.D. to the past, present and future of IAIP!
Welcome to the California Council of IAIP’s website. I’m looking forward to an exciting time as the Northern California assistant to your new California Council Director, the fabulous Christine Chandler Tillett (even if she is a Broncos fan). We are all very excited for this year’s California Council meeting, which will be hosted by the Insurance Associates of Fresno on October 12, 2018. Christine and the host committee are planning a wonderful event, so we hope to see you all there. But first, don’t forget about the Leadership Summit being held at the DoubleTree Hilton in Santa Ana on July 28th. There will be amazing presenters giving us the “Back to Basics”, which I’m sure we can all use. I look forward to seeing all of you at the various events throughout the coming year.
Laura Gutierrez, CIC, CPIW - Northern California Assistant to the California Council Director
Welcome and I am glad you stopped by the California Councils website. I am very excited about serving as the Southern California Assistant to your new California Council Director. For the upcoming year we will be having exciting events where we will be continue to build a great foundation and focusing on growth for your future in IAIP and your professional career. See you at the Members Leadership Summit at the end of July in Orange County!
In the fellowship,
Brooke Lesniak - Southern California Assistant to the California Council Director
Important Dates Coming up.... For additional details and other events, check our calendar.
January 26, 2019 - Southern California Inter Coordinating Council Meeting - Orange County, CA
March 14-16, 2019 - Region VII Conference - Sacramento, CA- International Convention- Reno NV-June 6-8, 2019